Dealing with an old or worn-out recliner that doesn’t fit your decorating aesthetic? Struggling to find a way to disguise the ugly chair? You may not want the hassle of buying a new recliner just to have a matching couch or to create your own slipcover and have it personalized. A simple solution is we can just get a sheet cover and place it over your recliner.
Simple Steps for Draping a Sheet over a Recliner
Draping a sheet over a recliner is a great way to add some extra warmth to your home decor. It’s also a great way to protect your furniture from pet hair and dirt. Follow these simple steps to drape a sheet over your recliner.
Start by measuring the width and height of your recliner. You’ll need to know this measurement in order to choose the right size sheet and then determine how much fabric you need.
Once you have your measurements, head to the store and purchase a sheet that is large enough to cover your recliner. Make sure to buy a sheet with a little bit of extra fabric so that you can tuck it under the seat.
When you get home, lay the sheet out flat on the floor. Place your recliner on top of the sheet, making sure that the back of the chair is centered in the middle of the fabric.
Fold one side of the fabric up over the back of the chair, and then do the same with the other side. You should now have two pieces of fabric draped over the back of the chair.
Now take each side of the fabric and tuck it under the seat of the chair. Once you have done this, your sheet should be securely in place.
To add some extra flair, consider adding a throw blanket or pillow to your newly draped recliner.
How to Make a Slipcover for a Recliner?
Making a slipcover for your recliner is a great way to protect your furniture and keep it looking its best. Slipcovers are also a great way to change the look of your room without having to buy new furniture. Here are some tips on how to make a slipcover for a recliner.
- Measure your recliner and cut out a piece of fabric that is slightly larger than the recliner. This will give you some wiggle room when you are putting the slipcover on.
- Sew the side seams of the fabric together. You can either do this by hand or with a sewing machine.
- Put the slipcover over the recliner and tuck the fabric into the creases of the furniture. Use straight pins to secure the fabric in place.
- Sew the bottom of the slipcover to the bottom of the recliner. Again, you can either do this by hand or with a sewing machine.
- Put the back of the slipcover over the back of the recliner and use straight pins to secure it in place.
- Sew a seam around the entire perimeter of the slipcover. This will help keep everything in place.
- Trim any excess fabric and enjoy your new slipcover.
If you have a recliner that you want to protect from stains or wear and tear, covering it with a sheet is a great way to do so.Related posts